Leech Lake Tribal College celebrates the accomplishments of our graduates during the annual Graduation ceremony each spring. We are proud to celebrate these leaders and their families!
- 10 a.m. Graduation Begins
- 10:10 Invocation
- Pipe Ceremony
- 10:20 Presidential Welcome
- 10:30 Ojibwemowin Address
- 10:40 Valedictorian Speech
- 10:55 Salutatorian Speech
- 11:20 Student selected Speech
- 11:35 Conferral of Academic Degrees
- 11:40 Closing remarks
- Recessional of 2017 graduates
Date: Saturday May 19th, 2018
Location: Veterans Memorial Grounds in Cass Lake, MN.
LLTC PowWow to Follow Ceremony
Invitations and Caps & Gowns
Invitations are available for pick-up in Student Services. Each graduate is provided with 3 invitations and envelopes. Additional invitations are available for purchase in the Leech Lake Tribal College Print Shop for $4 for a pack of 5 invitations and envelopes.
Caps and robes are provided for all graduates. Caps may be picked up early if students are interested in beading and decorating their caps. Robes will be available for pick-up in the Learning Center in mid-April. Students are responsible for bringing and wearing their own caps and Robes to the Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 19th.
Instructions for Graduates
Congratulations on reaching this milestone! We are thrilled to celebrate your accomplishments with your family and friends.
Graduation Rehearsal will be held on May 10thand 11that the Veteran’s Memorial Grounds.
General notes for Graduation:
- Please wear your robe, cap, and tassel to the ceremony.
- The tassel goes over your right eye until your degree is conferred.
- Take your robe out of the bag, if you haven’t already to let the wrinkles fall.
- Plan to arrive to the powwow grounds at 9:00 A.M. Graduates will meet at the stand behind the emcee stand to complete their name cards, pick up their honors, and line up for the processional.
- There is no order for line up and you will be seated according to your line up.
Handicap parking will be available by along the fence on the east side of the powwow grounds and behind the emcee stand. Volunteers will be on-site to direct vehicles and answer questions.
Students who have serious disabilities, which make it difficult to participate in the ceremony, should call (218) 335-4218 to make arrangements.
Family and friends that will be attending graduation who need accessible seating or other accessibility services such as sign language interpretation, please call (218) 335-4218 to make arrangements.
Official diplomas are not given out during graduation. Students will be notified when their diploma is ready to be picked up approximately 3-5 weeks after graduation.
No tickets are required and there is open seating for families and friends. There is no limit to the number of guests.
In the event of inclement weather, we will make a decision on Thursday, May 17th, and move the ceremony to the Cass Lake Boys and Girls Club if necessary. The decision about where the ceremony will be held will be posted on the College’s website, Facebook, and Twitter feed.
If you lose an item during graduation please visit the Emcee stand on Saturday. After the ceremony and powwow have ended, please contact LLTC Student Services at 218-335-4218.
To participate in the Graduation ceremony in May, a student must have three or less credits to complete his/her/their graduation requirements.
Unpaid tuition, fees and book charges, non-returned library materials, and unpaid library charges may cause a hold to be put on your transcript.